Mutual Funds can be a challenge to understand and research simply because there are so many. How to Research a Mutual Fund is a short video that will provide you with seven key variables to use to initially evaluate a mutual fund. This video uses the Dividend Growth Fund (PRDGX) managed by T. Rowe Price as the mutual fund to screen.
The process of evaluating mutual funds down to a select few is called screening. In this video, I will show you how to screen mutual funds based on:
- The mutual fund’s NAV – Net Asset Value
- Morningstar Rating
- Inception Date
- Rate of Return
- Expense Ratio
- Minimum requirements to invest in the mutual fund.
Note: all brokerage firms will have some type of mutual fund screener that will allow you to evaluate funds. T. Rowe Price is being used in this video only as an example.
- What is a Mutual Fund?
- How to Research a Stock (video)
- How to Track Stocks and Mutual Funds using Yahoo Finance (video)
- Free 3 Steps to Start Investing Email Course
- Who is Morningstar and Why Should I Care?
- What is an Exchange-Traded Fund (ETF)?