If you’re new to investing and want to understand how to evaluate a company’s stock, this short video will show you how to research a stock using Yahoo Finance. Yahoo finance is a great tool to use for researching and evaluating investments. The best part about Yahoo Finance is that most of the tools are free.
In this video, you will learn how to perform a simple stock screening. Screening a stock allows you to narrow down a list of stocks to the most favorable ones you believe may be a good investment choice. A stock screening is the first step in evaluating a company’s stock as a potential investment. If the initial screening is positive then the next step is to do more research on the company.
The video focuses on five key variables regarding an initial stock evaluation.
- Earnings Per Share or EPS
- Dividend and Dividend Yield
- A stock’s performance over the last five years.
- Analysts Perspective – What the pros think.
- Market and Industry Considerations.
Watch this short video and take the first step to understand more about researching a stock using Yahoo Finance.
Use this icon, in the lower right-hand corner of the video screen to adjust your video quality to 720p HD to get the best video quality. Then view in full screen.
- In 4 Simple Steps – How to Open a Brokerage Account Online.
- How to Research a Mutual Fund (video)
- How to Track Stocks and Mutual Funds using Yahoo Finance (video)
- Understanding Robo-Advisors and Automated Investing Video
- Motley Fool – Stock Advisor
- Personal Capital – All Your Financial Tools in One Place
- 3 Steps to Start Investing Email Course
Do you use Yahoo Finance? Comment below.