Some not so Notable Quotes, Thoughts and Perspectives on Money
FTP Featured on Crowdfire Stories Podcast
Managing your finances isn’t just about money it’s also about self improvement. When you successfully manage debt, save money and create your own opportunities you will develop a whole new Attitude, a feeling of Empowerment and Confidence.
As it relates to money, self-limiting beliefs and thoughts can create behaviors that either put you in debt, keep you there, or limit your ability to save money.
Some common self-limiting beliefs about money are:
- If I make more money then I won’t have any debt, or I have debt because I don’t make enough money.
- Financing a vehicle is the only way to pay for a vehicle.
- I’m just not very good with money.
- To save money I have to make more money.
- It will take a long time (feels like forever) to pay off my debt.
The self-limiting beliefs listed above have one thing in common, they are all false. Do you subscribe to any of these self-limiting beliefs?
If you want to get out of debt and save cash you have to be willing to challenge your existing beliefs about money. Read more about Self-limiting beliefs by reading these articles.
I Was Just Thinking
- “In regards to getting out of debt, HOPE is a 4-letter word”
- “In your efforts to reach financial independence and create your Lifestyle of Opportunities, stay focused, stay positive and stay the course.”
- “Living beyond our means, because it lubricates our feeling of acceptance and normalizes our lifestyle is one sure way of racking up debt”
- “If you want to get out of debt and save cash you have to be willing to challenge your existing beliefs about money.”
- “Settling for short-term gratification (using credit) inevitably leads to long-term regret. (debt)”
- “Making more money will not get you out of debt, changing your beliefs about money will.”
- “Remember that paying off debt and saving cash is the foundation for everything in your future. Take care of today and all the other things will fall in place.”
- “You don’t fully understand the impact debt has on your day to day emotional and physical life until you start the process of removing all the debt baggage and saving cash.”
- “It’s what I call the “perfect financial storm”. The perfect financial storm happens when managing your personal finances becomes so easy, you can effortlessly save more and make more money.”
- Regarding home-based businesses. “Do what your passionate about, what you love and what you know.”
- “Get educated. Regardless of whether you manage your own investment strategy, or hire someone to do it for you, spending some time understanding the basics is always a good investment.”
Other Note Worthy Thoughts
- “Racking up debt and living a cashless lifestyle is like the guy who jumps from the top of the Empire State Building and at the 50th floor is heard saying “so far, so good”.”
- “Having cash in the bank makes you feel happy, stress free, confident, secure, empowered – it’s like the organic version of Prozac”
- “Contrary to Popular Belief, Debt is Not a Lifetime Sentence”
- “Filling your bank account up with money – cash, is like cooking bacon. The more the better!”
- “I love money. I love everything about it. I bought some pretty good stuff. Got me a $300 pair of socks. Got a fur sink. An electric dog polisher. A gasoline powered turtleneck sweater. And, of course, I bought some dumb stuff, too.” – Steve Martin